Pages

Mar 16, 2014

Household Bills Tracker

I, for one, have always (well, since college) been one to track every dime that I make.  I wouldn't say that I'm a penny pincher, in fact, I spend more than I should, but I do know where I overspend, if that makes sense.  My dad taught me to balance a checkbook when I was young, and I still carry a checking register in my wallet and log every. single. transaction. I have for both my debit and credit cards.

In the same vein, I tend to always be on top of my bills, making sure that I know when they're due, what they are, and - most importantly - that I pay them on time, every time.  Some of my best friends, well, they pretty much suck at it.  So the other rainy day I was playing around in Photoshop, and I ended up making this Household Bills Tracker to make it easier!

This is just an image - if you'd like a PDF, click here for the Google Doc!
Also, I'm not sure why the entire image looks grey here... the Doc is a white paper, I promise.

Here's a sample of how it might look when you use it, for all those visual people (me included):

As you can see, I planned it for a couple that's living together but has separate bank accounts, although it would work for a two-person roommate situation as well.  My boyfriend and I try to split rent, and then most of our bills are on auto-pay from one of our accounts.  We typically try to keep the remaining bills about even between the two of us, and this allows me to see which one of us is "ahead" from the last month, so we can try to even it out the following month.  I also use the last column to keep track of things like confirmation numbers, late charges, or if a credit is going to be applied to the bill for the following month.

If the "calendar-on-the-fridge" method of keeping track of your bills isn't cutting it for you, hopefully this will help you change that around!

* Template design inspired by the free printables from iHeartOrganizing.  Love that blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!