Pages

May 2, 2014

Patrick's Birthday Card

I love a good greeting card, and every holiday, I try to outdo myself making Patrick a homemade card.  This year, Patrick's birthday fell on Easter Sunday, and, since I worked late Saturday night, I decided to put his "cards" up on the bathroom mirror for him to see when he woke up.  Here's what the final product looked like:


A bit mean for birthday cards, eh?  Look a bit closer...


I know some of those are still a bit hard to read, so here's the full text:

without YOU life would SUCK.
YOU'RE the only thing that can brighten my UGLY day.
I HATE that YOU have to work today.
I WILL END anyone who tries to eff with YOU on your birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I LOVE YOU!

(The red "I WILL END YOU" card is a reference to this Aziz Ansari joke, which is from his stand-up special Buried Alive, which you should totally watch.)

It was all I could do to not crack up as I watched Patrick squinting at the mirror in the morning.  Not your conventional greeting cards, but I love it! And in case you're interested in recreating a similar lovefest, I made some digital versions, too!






Anyone else love to make homemade greeting cards?

2 comments:

  1. Okay yes, this is the best. At first I was so confused, ha..but I love the whole story in the cards combined. What a fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very much the kind of humor and joking you two have going on in your relationship. It's hilarous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!