Pages

Nov 26, 2012

Mornings

Ahh, the end of Thanksgiving break.  Which means my teaching experience in the high school is done and it's back to class.  Because class starts almost an hour after school started (does that make sense?), I made the most of that extra hour this morning!  Did some sun salutations, took the doggies for a walk, enjoyed my morning tea with a wonderful breakfast, and showered and put together a mega-cute outfit.

Sike.

I, of course, rolled out of bed ten minutes before I had to leave.  It was a slightly more productive morning than usual, though, because I didn't put my hair in a ponytail!  And I put on some makeup!  (How's that for grown-up, eh?)  The author of one of my favorite blogs (The Small Things) is a stylist, and I finally tried my hand at one of her tutorial videos.  I have zero skill for doing hair, but I was actually able to pull off a decent version of her wrap-around French braid!


This is (obviously) her photo; mine didn't look nearly so perfect.  I was still pretty impressed with my bad self, though!  I find that the majority of things on Pinterest called "Quick, Easy, & Cute Hairstyles!" are generally neither quick nor easy (and certainly not cute when I attempt them), but this surprisingly only took me five minutes! 

As I start teaching and getting up earlier and earlier, I'd like to diversify my hairstyles away from shlubby, rushed, ponytails.  This is definitely on my list!

Do you have any go-to hairstyles that are actually quick, easy, and cute? 



xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!