Pages

Nov 25, 2012

Ombre

So, once upon a time, you could've called my hair color "blonde."  That would've been in, I don't know, MAY, when I last got it colored.  Now, however, my grow-out is so bad that it's almost starting to look good.  If anyone asks, I just claim I was going for a mousy-brown-to-washed-out-blonde-ombre.  Yuck.

In all seriousness, though, I kind of do like ombre.  Much less upkeep than all over color or highlights.  Last fall, my stylist tried to do a red ombre on me, but it didn't sit long enough so didn't quite work.  Instead, he put some blonde highlights over my red color, which I love love loved.  Which got me to thinking: if I ever do bother to get my hair colored again, why not combine red and blonde and my love for ombre together?

Here's somewhat what I was thinking (images courtesy of the Googs, of course):

 
 {source}
 {source}

How gorgeous is the last pic?? She reminds me of Eva Longoria a bit, no?  But let's be real people, my hair will never look as awesome as the last two pics, and even the first one is probably a bit fabulous for me.  More than likely, my hair will just be thrown into a messy ponytail, with straightened bangs if I'm feeling ambitious.  I'm also not sure how it would look on my ho-hum shoulder-length hair in the first place.

Oh well, a girl can dream, right?



xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!