Pages

May 22, 2013

The Fastest Way to Make Sure You Never Blog...

Stop me if this seems too obvious (spoiler: it will.), but I've recently found that the fastest way to make sure I never blog is to not have Internet access.

I'll pause to let this profound statement sink in for ya.

I cancelled my Internet at the beginning of the year because, well, it was just a waste of money.  Between classes up on campus and my internship at the high school, I was never home anyway, and everywhere I went had Internet.  Plus, it's 2013 - I have a smartphone, which takes care of my Internet needs nearly all of the time.  But only nearly!  I'm sure it's entirely possible to post from my phone, but, truthfully, I've no interest in doing so.  Call me crazy, but I hate typing on virtual keyboards for anything longer than a sentence or two.  Plus, I can't upload any pictures from my computer via my phone (another life-changing revelation, I know).

So that, in short, is why I've not been posting.  Internship is over, and my summer (and final!) classes don't start for another three or four weeks, so I am high-speed-Internet-free for the time being.  From what it seems, many bloggers begin getting writers' block and aren't sure what to write about, but that's not my problem.  I have tons of ideas for posts (or, okay, at least several), but I lack a decent way to get my ideas out there.  Posts with just text (...like this one.) are bor-ing.  I see no reason to start paying for Internet at home now when I'm moving in a month or two, so for now, my resolution to get this blog a-goin' remains on hold.

But then again, after I move, I will hopefully have myself a j-o-b and will be working on teaching the kiddos, so who knows!  Sigh. Guess I will just wait and see how this plays out! :)

2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you think!